Saturday, February 13, 2010

on day 4

Well I've made it through 3 1/2 days of the 21 day pre op liquid diet.  Yesterday was rough.  I never realized how much food is around and how much it is advertised.  It seems that every other billboard, tv commercial or radio commercial is an advertisment for some fast food place. 
I heard a commercial for Joey's Only and started to crave fish...knowing I couldn't have the fish I was then thinking of putting vinegar and salt on my had to lick it off, just to get the flavor, thankfully I didn't do it.
Yesterday for breakfast my wife was standing next to me eating Triscut crackers.  I have never noticed the smell of Triscuts before, and I couldn't believe that they smelt so good.  And later when she ate some pickles, I was ready to drink the pickle juice. 
My diet is consisting of 5 High Protein Ensure (Vanilla and Chocolate), 1-2 cups of Jell-O,  and about 1.5 liters of water and crystal light.
I have 16 1/2 more days of this pre op diet and I am really hoping it starts to get easier.
I do see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at the length of time you've been waiting and this pre-op diet they have you on. I saw my surgeon in March 2008 and had my surgery end of May 2008. He did suggest I lose weight before the surgery, but in fact, I gained (suffered from onelasttime-itis)! The only thing they demanded was that I be smoke-free for one month before (which I nearly did - had four that month). Goes to show you - each doctor, each insurance plan is difference.

    Wishing you lots and lots of luck, Jen!

    ReplyDelete