Sunday, February 14, 2010

a new found will power

Today was rough, I must admit.  I spent the day with my brother and his family.  I love spending time with them, they are fun and I really love my 20 month old nephew. 
My wife and I arrived at their house about 12:30 pm today and they were just about to grab lunch.   What does my brother want, MCDONALDS.  Through the corner of my eye I glared at him when he brought home McDonalds for everyone as I said to myself, you can do it, you can sit through McDonalds. 
No problem, that when off without too much of an issue.  Then we hung out and I babysat my nephew while they went to grab a few groceries.  What did they bring home for dinner????? Delissio PIZZA!  My brother asked me to get a plate ready for my nephew, as he giggled under his breath (and I don't blame him, we are twins and our job is to make life harder for eachother).  In cutting up some pizza I got a dab of pizza sauce on my finger.  Without thinking I licked it off and instantly felt guilty.  I felt like I had cheated, even though I know that I did not.  The smell from the pizza drove me crazy, but I sat quietly and drank my Ensure.  After my nephew went to bed, we decided to watch a movie.  What do they decide to have as a snack...extra buttery microwave popcorn.  I thought I was going to go crazy!  I asked to smell the bowl of popcorn, and after doing that I got the bowl of Jell-O I brought with me and quietly ate it while texting my friend in Toronto.  The craving for the popcorn went away about as fast as it came on.  I believe I have found a new will power to help me get through these next two and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment