Thursday, February 11, 2010

5 down...100 to go

So I made it through day 1 of the pre op diet.....5 ensures down, 100 left to go...
until yesterday i knew that this would be difficult but i didn't realize how difficult it would be.
Its the beginning of day 2 and I'm feeling the effects of food withdrawal. I can't say that I am hungry, because really I am not, but i'm having cravings...my current craving is for a post op recipe for "sauce". "sauce" is like a pasta sauce made with ground turkey and all the veggies are pureed into a tomato sauce, I got the recipe from a friend of mine. I've currently have what I assume is a sugar headache and I realized yesterday that this is really happening. I am really going to be having surgery in 20 days. Unfortunately with reality comes the fact that I can never give into old cravings and that I can't eat any real food for the next 6-7 weeks. But in the long run I know this is what needs to happen.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!! so exciting! thanks for doing this - i hope to be following you soon, and i really appreciate you taking the time to let me know about the path you are on. scary & exciting all at once!!

    ReplyDelete