Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Made it through week 1!!!

Well I've made it through week 1 of my pre op liquid diet.  I have lost approximatly 6 pounds in the last week.  My mood seems to be ok, but my energy level is down the pits. 
I went for my pre admission clinic this afternoon, and it was not what I expected at all.
First I watched a video of what to expect while in the hospital and then was taken to a room where they did a bunch of tests.  I first had an ECG, followed by some blood work, next the anesthesiologist came to talk to me, then my nurse came back to ask me a bunch of questions, after that I spoke with an internal medicine Dr, and finally I had a chest x-ray done.  The whole process took about 2 1/2 hrs.  It wasn't so bad really.  Quite fast and organized compared to other medical things I have gone to in the past.
I will find out the afternoon (4-6pm) before my surgery what time I will need be at the hospital.  I hope that I am having the first surgery of the day.  I was going to ask for a copy of the surgery, but I forgot to ask. 
Oh well.

2 WEEKS TILL SURGERY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment