Sunday, March 28, 2010

yet another complication.....AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!

so i have yet another complications, but they don't know what is causing it.
i spent last night in the er, i was severely dehydrated (they fixed this with 2 liters of iv fluids) and have pressure in my chest, about 2-3 inches below my collar bone.  this is a constant pressure that amlost feels like i have something stuck in my esophagus, but doesn't move.  this pressure started suddenly on friday morning and the "pain" on average is about a 7/10, but when i eat or drink it goes up to a 10/10 and hence the dehydration.  after a chest xray and ecg the hospital ruled out a cardiac problem and after giving me an iv med for acid refux, they ruled that out as a cause as well.  they did some blood work and were concerned when my blood clot test came back positive.  they couldn't do an immediate ct scan so they gave me a blood thinner and told me to go home (crazy i know eh!) and they would call me in the morning for an emergency priority 1 ct scan.  i left the hospital at 1245am and got a call at 915am to return to the hospital for my ct scan.  i had a ct scan and they ruled out a blood clot.  they said it had something to do with my surgery, but they had no idea what the issue could be and that i would need to speak with my surgeon.  good thing i have an appointment on tuesday morning.  they sent me home with percocet and told me that if the pain became unbarable to return to the er.  i took the precocet when i got home and it barely touched the pressure pain.  it did however allow me to eat without extreme pain.   i couldn't eat very much, but i was able to get something in.  the first dose of percocet has worn off and it has only been 5 hrs, which bothers me because now the pressure feels very high and it hurts to drink, and i still have to attempt to eat dinner.  if things get worse in the morning i will be calling the weight wise clinic.  if i can stand the pressure out i will be waiting for the appointment i have with my surgeon on tuesday morning.
i just hope things don't get worse.
wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment